New Student Remote Enrollment Procedure

  • January 11, 2021

    Greetings New Grant Families!

    I hope this letter finds you well during this very unprecedented time. As you know, due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Grant Elementary School’s doors are closed for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year. We, however, are committed to continuing to educate, connect, and serve our school community remotely. As a result of the closing of our buildings, parents wishing to enroll new students are asked to complete the entire process remotely until further notice. Please find important information below as it relates to specific enrollment processes:

    New Student Enrollment for the 2021-2022 School Year

    In order to obtain enrollment documents, you must first prove residency within Grant Elementary School’s boundaries. Required documents can be found using the following link: Documents Required for Verification/Proof of Residency. *Please scan and submit the required documents electronically to Grant’s enrollment specialist, Karen Miller, at the following email address: Once Proof of Residency documentation has been submitted and verified, the enrollment staff will provide fillable enrollment documents to complete electronically. The completed forms must be returned to Grant School’s enrollment specialist at before May 30, 2021. These forms are required in order to establish preliminary enrollment for your child(ren) for the 2021-2022 school year. Please note, for those of you who submit proof of residency electronically, you will be required to submit updated physical hard copy proof of residency documents to our office staff within the first 3 weeks of school reopening. These physical copies must be from the same companies you provided electronically, and no more than 45 days old.

    Information Regarding Immunizations

    All required vaccine documentation must be scanned and submitted with the other required documents before new students can enroll in our district. If your student is missing immunizations due, please call your medical provider & schedule an appointment to get updated. Vaccine appointments are considered a necessary service and according to the website Shots for Schools: “Even with current school closures, immunization requirements for admission to school or child care in California for the 2021-2022 school year remain in place”. If you are having trouble getting an appointment with your medical provider, please reach out to other local clinics; they may be accepting “immunization only appointments”. Please note, you will also be required to submit all required vaccine documents once schools reopen. Please refer to for more detailed information regarding immunization requirements.

    We cannot wait to meet you in person and truly look forward to working with you and your family. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

    Take care, stay healthy, and stay safe.

    Best regards,


    Christian Fuhrer

    Grant School