Adult Ed General Information
The Adult Education Center is committed to helping each one of you continue working to achieve your educational and personal goals!
Our campus has transitioned to an in-person and distance learning options. We look forward to seeing all of you soon!
Our professional and caring teachers are working to provide opportunities to keep you learning in the days ahead, which will include learning and communicating in different ways (free teacher-directed online meetings, free teacher-directed online classroom hours, free teacher-directed communication platforms and free online learning platforms).
- Click on “Contact Us” to submit a contact request
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: (310) 664-6222, ext. 76203
- Schedule an Appointment: https://calendly.com/osaucedo
Adults, 18 years or older, may register by completing a contact request form online www.smmusd.org/adulted or by calling (310) 664-6222, ext. 76203. Enrollment steps include student orientation, assessment, education plan and counseling meeting.
All educational opportunities are available without regard to gender, sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, ethnic origin, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or the perception of one or more of such characteristics.
- Auditing: There is no provision for auditing classes and only students officially enrolled may attend.
- Assignment: Teachers reserve the right to assign students to a class appropriate to their level.
- Class Locations:
Distance Learning: Classes offered online with free teacher-directed online meetings, free teacher-directed online classroom hours, free teacher-directed communication platforms and free online learning platforms.
Adult Education Center: 2510 Lincoln Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90405
Main Library: 601 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica CA 90405 (Site Closed)
Pico Library: 2201 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica CA 90405
- Class Schedules: The Adult Education Center reserves the right to make changes in assignments, class schedules and to cancel courses that do not have sufficient enrollment.
- Enrollment: Adults, 18 years or older, may register by completing a contact request form online at www.smmusd.org/adulted or by calling (310) 664-6222, ext. 76203. Enrollment steps include student orientation, assessment, education plan and counseling meeting. Students enrolling in Adult Secondary Education will first be enrolled in a Student Success Seminar.
- Fees: Textbooks and classroom materials are furnished without charge; however, they may also be offered for sale.
- Mandated classes: Mandated classes are funded by the State of California.
- Office Address: Adult Education Center, 2510 Lincoln Blvd., Main Office - Room 116, Santa Monica CA 90405
- Office Phone (310) 664-6222, ext. 76203
- Online Office Hours (AEC): Monday - Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Parking at Main Campus: Entrance is located on Pine Street, which is located one block north of Ocean Park Blvd. just off Lincoln Blvd. Parking is FREE!
- Principal, Adult Education Center (AEC): Cynthia McGregory
- Public Notice: The Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District (SMMUSD) has a uniform complaint process as required in Code of Regulations, Title 5, Section 4622. SMMUSD Policy 1312.3. The Chief Academic Officer is designated as the compliance officer. A copy of that policy is posted in the Adult Education Center Office. The policy provides for mediation or investigation, presentation of information relevant to the complaint, follow-up and remedies or appeals as appropriate.
- Public Transportation: Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus has two regular bus routes near the main campus of the Adult Education Center. The #3 Lincoln Boulevard and the # 8 Ocean Park Boulevard buses service our area. Detailed information regarding these bus routes may also be obtained online by visiting https://www.bigbluebus.com/.
- Santa Monica-Malibu USD Board of Education: Jon Kean, Maria Leon-Vazquez, Laurie Lieberman, Alicia Mignano, Stacy Rouse, Jennifer Smith, Dr. Richard Tahvildaran-Jesswein
- Superintendent: TBA
- Smoke-Free Campus and Grounds Policy: Smoking is prohibited on campus, including parking lots, before, during, and after any school-related activities.