Adult Ed General Information
The Adult Education Center is committed to helping each one of you continue working to achieve your educational and personal goals!
In an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19, our campus has transitioned to a distance learning format with the goal of moving to blended-learning and/or a face-to-face format. We look forward to seeing all of you soon!
Our professional and caring teachers are working to provide opportunities to keep you learning in the days ahead, which will include learning and communicating in different ways (free teacher directed online meetings, free teacher directed online classroom hours, free teacher directed communication platforms and free online learning platforms).
If you have specific questions about our school, learning activities, or need support please click on the “Contact Us” link to submit a contact request, email Olga Saucedo at email@example.com or call (310) 664-6222, ext. 76203 to leave a message.
Adults 18 and older may enroll in adult courses. Students are required to schedule and attend an orientation appointment prior to attending classes. Students will take assessment, meet with counselor, process student education plan and register for classes at the time of the orientation. Students enrolling in Adult Secondary Education will first be enrolled in a Student Success Seminar.
All educational opportunities are available without regard to gender, sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, ethnic origin, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or the perception of one or more of such characteristics.
- Auditing: There is no provision for auditing classes and only students officially enrolled may attend.
- Assignment: Teachers reserve the right to assign students to a class appropriate to their level.
- Class Locations:
Distance Learning: Classes offered online with free teacher directed online meetings, free teacher directed online classroom hours, free teacher directed communication platforms and free online learning platforms
Adult Education Center: 2510 Lincoln Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90405 (Campus Closed)
Main Library: 601 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica CA 90405 (Site Closed)
Pico Library: 2201 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica CA 90405 (Site Closed)
- Class Schedules: The Adult Education Center reserves the right to make changes in assignments, schedule and to cancel courses that do not have sufficient enrollment.
- Dress Code: Policy is posted in the main office.
- Enrollment: Adults 18 and older may enroll in adult courses. Students are required to schedule and participate in an online orientation prior to class participation. Students will speak with a counselor to create a personalized student education plan and register for classes. Students enrolling in Adult Secondary Education will first be enrolled in a Student Success Seminar.
- Fees: Textbooks and classroom materials are furnished without charge; however, they may also be offered for sale.
- Mandated classes: Mandated classes are funded by the State of California.
- Office Address: Adult Education Center, 2510 Lincoln Blvd., Main Office - Room 203, Santa Monica CA 90405 (Office Site Closed)
- Office Phone & Fax: (310) 664-6222, ext. 76203 (Message Only), Fax (310) 664-6220
- Online Office Hours (AEC): Monday – Thursday from 9 am to 9:00 pm
- Parking at Main Campus: Entrance is located on Pine Street which is located one block north of Ocean Park Blvd. just off Lincoln Blvd. Parking is FREE! (Campus Closed)
- Principal, Adult Education Center (AEC): Anthony Fuller
- Public Notice: The Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District (SMMUSD) has a uniform complaint process as required in Code of Regulations, Title 5, Section 4622. SMMUSD Policy 1312.3. The Chief Academic Officer is designated as the compliance officer. A copy of that policy is posted in the Adult Education Center Office. The policy provides for mediation or investigation, presentation of information relevant to the complaint, follow up and remedies or appeals as appropriate.
- Public Transportation: Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus has two regular bus routes near the main campus of the Adult Education Center. The #3 Lincoln Boulevard and the # 8 Ocean Park Boulevard busses service our area. Detailed information regarding these bus routes may also be obtained online by visiting https://www.bigbluebus.com/.
- Santa Monica-Malibu USD Board of Education: Oscar de la Torre, Craig Foster, Jon Kean, Maria Leon-Vazquez, Laurie Lieberman, Ralph Mechur, Dr. Richard Tahvildaran-Jesswein
- Superintendent: Dr. Ben Drati
- Smoke-Free Campus and Grounds Policy: Smoking is prohibited on campus, including parking lots, before, during, and after any school-related activities.
- Textbook Policy: Policy is posted in the main office.